Garcia Forum
se he wanted.Brad Marchan

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Garcia Forum // Voorbeeld Forum
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
yyys123

BerichtGeplaatst: 17-07-2019 04:08:00    Onderwerp: se he wanted.Brad Marchan Reageren met citaat
NEW YORK -- Thomas Vanek knew a trade from the Buffalo Sabres was likely. He just didnt expect to be shipped off to the New York Islanders this early in the season. From one rebuild to another for the prolific goal scorer. Vanek joined the Islanders on Monday morning just hours after the deal that sent him to Long Island for forward Matt Moulson and a pair of draft picks. Vanek and Moulson, who are both 29, can become unrestricted free agents after this season. Vanek, who has four goals and five assists this season, has scored 40 goals twice and was an All-Star in 2009. Moulson had six goals and three assists in 11 games with New York this season. He has 124 goals and 109 assists in 333 games in seven seasons with the Los Angeles Kings and the Islanders. New York general manager Garth Snow declined to say how long the teams talked before the trade. "You have to give up something to get something, and Matt was an excellent player for us the last four years," Snow said. "You have to sacrifice in certain areas to make additions in others. I think thats pretty self-explanatory, and I wish Matt nothing but the best moving forward." The Sabres own the worst record in the NHL and are clearly looking to the future as they continue to sell off veteran parts for building blocks. Vanek was unlikely to return to Buffalo, and was a prime candidate to be sent packing. "I knew it was going to happen sooner or later with the situation in Buffalo," Vanek said. "But when it does happen, initially its a shock. Im excited to come here. Great young team, up-tempo style. Im looking forward to it." Vanek said he didnt sleep Sunday night after being told about the trade. He practiced with the Islanders on Monday morning, taking Moulsons spot on the top line alongside captain John Tavares and fellow forward Kyle Okposo. The Islanders took a risk with the trade, hoping that in the time Vanek spends with his new team he can convinced to make a long-term commitment to stay. No negotiations have started yet, and no conditions regarding Vanek sticking with the Islanders were included in the trade. "I havent gotten that far," Vanek said. "I didnt sleep at all last night, so I want to catch some sleep first, get to know these guys, and figure it out later." Vanek saw the writing on the wall with the Sabres, who dealt Jason Pominville last season, changed coaches, and also could trade away veteran goalie Ryan Miller this season. Buffalo had four teenagers in its lineup for its last game and appear a long way off from competing for a championship. The Islanders returned to the playoffs last season after five years on the outside. New York was knocked out in the first round by Pittsburgh, but showed signs of being on the upswing. With an eye toward Brooklyn, where the Islanders will move in two years, the club is trying to make strides toward greater improvement leading up to that relocation. If Vanek can mesh with the young Tavares as well as Moulson did in recent years, and then sign a new deal, the Islanders would have a potent punch up front. "I want to win," he said. "You train all summer long, practice every day, and you want to have a chance. Right now you know that we struggled (in Buffalo). Its hard to win when you do struggle, especially as one of the leaders, but at the same time reality is setting in and Im happy to be an Islander." Moulson played a key role in the on-ice development of Tavares, who was chosen No. 1 by the Islanders in the 2009 draft. They also were close friends off the ice. "Hes been there for all the success Ive had," the 23-year-old Tavares said. "The little things he does that have helped my game, we were door-to-door neighbours my second year. How long weve known each other. The impact that he made, he and his family, how much they helped me off the ice. Words cant really describe how much he was there for me. "Its part of the game, part of the business, you understand that. Im sad to see him go, but its what the team thought was best. We have to go forward now, starting tomorrow." The Islanders will welcome the New York Rangers on Tuesday night, which will mark Vaneks debut with the team. Islanders coach Jack Capuano didnt have much advance notice of the deal, but once it was made he quickly decided that Vanek would join the top line. "Anytime you trade a top player for a top player, thats where hes got to go," Capuano said. "Hes very skilled, and hes good with the puck. He shoots the puck really well. Hes got good size so, hell start with Johnny and Kyle and well see where that plays out." If it works well, the Islanders hope that comfort zone and a familiarity with New York forward Michael Grabner -- a fellow Austrian -- will make the difference once contract talks begin in earnest. "We havent even had those conversations," Snow said. "Our focus has been to acquire Thomas and get him on a flight here, and get him situated and comfortable and get him ready for todays practice and tomorrows game. "Hes a high-end talent. An All-Star calibre player, big body. He can skate and obviously score goals at an elite level, hes a high-calibre person off the ice, so for us, were getting a great addition to our team." Satchel Paige Jersey . The 48th-ranked Williams made her first appearance in Dubai since she won her second straight title here in 2010. Shed missed the last three years either because of injury or Sjogrens Syndrome. Roberto Perez Indians Jersey . The Raptors general manager has his list of possible draft selections whittled down to a handful ahead of Thursday nights NBA draft in Brooklyn, New York. The Raptors, who have auditioned dozens of players over the past couple of weeks, have the 20th overall pick in the first round, as well as the 37th and 58th picks in the second. http://www.indianssale.com/indians-satchel-paige-jersey/ . -- Kevin Harvick pulled away on a restart with 47 laps to go and ended Chase Elliotts two-race winning streak in NASCARs Nationwide Series with a dominating victory early Saturday at Richmond International Raceway. Carlos Baerga Indians Jersey . Jurrjens signed a minor league contract with Cincinnati in May, and was 2-3 with a 4.46 ERA at Triple-A Louisville. He has a 53-37 record with a 3.63 ERA in seven major league seasons, including five with Atlanta. Carlos Baerga Jersey . Sami Salo scored two goals as the Canucks overcame a hat-trick from Edmonton Oiler rookie sensation Ryan Nugent-Hopkins to win 4-3 in NHL action Saturday.GLENDALE, Ariz. - Boston coach Claude Julien challenged his teams pride and the Bruins went out and gave him the response he wanted.Brad Marchand scored twice, Tuukka Rask stopped 31 shots and Boston used a quick start to beat the reeling Arizona Coyotes 5-2 Saturday night and avoid a winless road trip.Kevan Miller, Simon Gagne and Loui Eriksson also scored for Boston, which won at Arizona for the fifth straight time and finished 1-3 on its western trip.A long practice, lengthy video session and a couple of lineup changes followed a dismal loss to San Jose on Thursday when the Bruins blew a 2-0 lead.Boston jumped out to the same lead this time, but didnt give it up.We didnt want to go back home having not won a game, Julien said. I thought we played well enough on this trip that somewhere along the way we should come out with a win. This was our last crack at it, and we found a way to get that win that we desperately needed.Marchand scored 58 seconds in and added his team-best eighth goal late in the second period that chased Coyotes goalie Devan Dubnyk.You could tell the guys were desperate, Marchand said. We played really good right from the get-go.The Coyotes remain a troubled team.Joe Vitales second-period goal ended Arizonas 185:34 scoring drought at home. But it was 5-1 before Mikkel Boedkers power-play goal early in the third period as the Coyotes lost their seventh straight on home ice for the longest home skid since the franchise moved to Arizona in 1996.Somebodys got to grab something and give us a little lifeline, Coyotes coach Dave Tippett said. The guys that it usually comes down to when the teams struggling is the goaltenders, and we havent been able to find consistency in that.Arizonas mistakes started early.Dougie Hamilton picked off Oliver Ekman-Larssons pass in the neutral zone, and Marchand took Reilly Smiths pass and beat Dubnyk short-side to put Boston ahead beefore a minute was played.ddddddddddddBoston went up 2-0 less than 6 minutes in when defenceman Miller knocked in his own rebound after a poor clear by Dubnyk behind the net.I dont know if they took it right to us. We gave it to them, Tippett said. The first two goals were just plain turnovers by us.Dubnyk didnt provide a spark for Tippett, who yanked Mike Smith after he gave up three goals on 20 shots in Thursdays 4-0 loss to Los Angeles.Marchands second goal beat an out-of-position Dubnyk, making it 4-1 late in the second period. Tippett again turned to Smith, who quickly gave up Erikssons first goal in 13 games.Its disappointing because I thought our effort was there, Dubnyk said.The Coyotes ended their long scoring drought when Vitales wrist shot beat Rask stick-side at 13:11 of the first period. Arizona hadnt scored in consecutive games and the equivalent of three full games on home ice.Kyle Chipchura, who cleared waivers, didnt play for Arizona, David Schlemko was sent to the minors and Rob Klinkhammer was traded to Pittsburgh after being a healthy scratch Thursday.Arizona also got defenceman Connor Murphy back after missing two games due to injury. And forward Jordan Martinook made his NHL debut and defenceman Andrew Campbell his Coyotes debut after being called up a day earlier.None made a difference for Arizona, which has dropped eight of 10 and last won at home Nov. 4.I felt there were two desperate teams here tonight, Julien said. Somebody had to be hungrier than the other, and its nice to see that it was us.NOTES: Gagnes goal off his skate was waved off by the officials, but overturned on replay when it was determined he didnt kick it in. ... Seth Griffith and Joe Morrow dressed for Boston after being recent healthy scratches, leaving David Pastrnak and Matt Bartkowski out of the lineup. ... Boston hasnt lost four straight in regulation since March 2012. ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Garcia Forum // Voorbeeld Forum Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: