Garcia Forum
to play there. Devils

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Garcia Forum // Voorbeeld Forum
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
yyys123

BerichtGeplaatst: 16-07-2019 03:10:33    Onderwerp: to play there. Devils Reageren met citaat
NEWARK, N.J. -- The NHL reduced its penalty against the New Jersey Devils on Thursday for signing Ilya Kovalchuk in 2010. The Devils will keep the first-round draft pick they were scheduled to forfeit this year, and the league will reduce the $3 million fine assessed against the team for circumventing the NHL-NHLPA collective bargaining agreement The Devils recently applied to the league for reconsideration and relief from a portion of the original penalty, citing primarily changes in circumstances which, in the clubs view, changed the appropriateness of the sanctions. The NHL did not spell out what changed, but Kovalchuk retired after last season and returned to Russia to play there. Devils president and general manager Lou Lamoriello said the franchises new ownership asked the league to reconsider the penalty, and a hearing was held this year. "Were pleased," said Lamoriello, who said several factors other than Kovalchuks retirement went into the leagues decision, without elaborating. Devils goaltender Martin Brodeur felt the original NHL penalty was harsh. "I thought it was a bad judgment by them when they penalized with a first-round pick and all the money," Brodeur said. "I thought they hit our organization pretty hard at the time. It will be nice for the future to count on an extra No. 1 pick." The league said the Devils will be entitled to the 30th selection overall -- the last pick in the first round -- in the 2014 draft. They will not be permitted to trade or transfer its right to that pick. Kovalchuk, who had been acquired by the Devils in February 2010, became a free agent at the end of that season. New Jersey signed him to a 17-year, $102 million deal but the league ruled what would have been the longest contract in NHL circumvented the salary cap and rejected it. Arbitrator Richard Bloch heard the unions appeal and nullified the deal. The Devils eventually signed the Russian to a 15-year, $100 million contract deal. However, the NHL ruled the original contact tried to get around the salary cap and penalized the three-time Stanley Cup champions. The Devils had already forfeited a third-round draft pick in 2011. The team also had a first-round draft pick taken from them in the ruling handed down by an independent arbiter, but they had the right to defer until 2014. The Devils kept deferring the loss of the first-round pick, which they were due to lose in June. The NHL said it would not comment further on the decision. Carson Wentz Jersey .Y. -- Dwane Casey admitted hed been concerned about his young Raptors team who had zero experience playing in close-out games -- what awaited them with the vastly-experienced Brooklyn Nets, and how theyd react. Carson Wentz Womens Jersey . Since coming to the big leagues in late May, La Stella is 6 for 7 with the bases loaded, driving in 13 runs in those at-bats. http://www.theeaglesshoponline.com/Youth-Reggie-White-Eagles-Jersey/ .com) - Tony Parker scored 17 points to lead the San Antonio Spurs to a comfortable 99-85 win over the Los Angeles Lakers on Friday. Wes Hopkins Womens Jersey .com) - A chant of Zeke reverberated around AT&T Stadium before Ezekiel Elliott powered into the end zone for his fourth and final touchdown. Tommy McDonald Womens Jersey . He has spent much of his adult life trying to give back to his native South Sudan, the war-torn African nation the Cavaliers forward and his family fled when he was a young boy. WASHINGTON -- Two-time major champion Svetlana Kuznetsova of Russia ended her four-year WTA title drought Sunday, beating Kurumi Nara of Japan 6-3, 4-6, 6-4 in the Citi Open. Asked if it felt like so much time had passed since she won a tournament, Kuznetsova smiled broadly and replied: "It feels like its been too long." It was the 14th tournament victory for the 29-year-old Kuznetsova, but her first since she won at San Diego in August 2010. Her collection includes trophies from the 2004 U.S. Open and 2009 French Open. "I work very hard every day, trying to improve things. After you win Slams, not winning tournaments -- its really hard," Kuznetsova said. At 4-all in the final set, with Kuznetsova serving, they played the longest game of the match, with 16 points, five deuces and one break point. "I got a little bit paralyzed and was getting tight, and Im happy I overcame this feeling today," Kuznetsova said. "But definitely, didnt play my best tennis in the end of second and third set." Still, Kuznetsova eventually held to lead 5-4, then broke Nara in the next game to end it. Naraa said she "tried (to) focus again" when serving to stay in the match, but Kuznetsova would not allow her to play as aggressively as she wanted.dddddddddddd "She hit a very heavy ball, so I cannot go very (easily) into the court," Nara said. Kuznetsova, who was seeded sixth and ranked 26th, had never played in Washingtons hard-court tuneup for the U.S. Open. She said that when she was trying to decide whether to enter the Citi Open or the WTA tournament at Stanford, California, the same week, some other players tried to persuade her to skip Washington, saying the citys heat is too tough and that in the past, the tournament didnt have top-level facilities such as the gym or locker room. But she liked that it was on the East Coast and a short flight to Canada for next weeks hard-court tour stop. And, in the end, Kuznetsova left town with a trophy. The unseeded Nara, who was bidding for her second singles title of 2014, also was the runner-up in doubles at the Citi Open. "I like Washington," Nara said. "Hopefully, I (will) come back next hear. I like U.S. hard courts." ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Garcia Forum // Voorbeeld Forum Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: