Garcia Forum
for Game 6. The attitude w

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Garcia Forum // Voorbeeld Forum
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
yyys123

BerichtGeplaatst: 16-07-2019 03:09:35    Onderwerp: for Game 6. The attitude w Reageren met citaat
MINSK, Belarus -- Defending champion Sweden edged Norway 2-1 Tuesday for its third straight victory at the hockey world championships. Linus Klasen was in front of the net to knock in the winner off a pass from Gustav Nyquist 7:18 into the final period for the Swedish comeback. "I just tried to break through to the net and then went around and tried to put it backdoor for Klasen and he was able to put it in," Nyquist said. Sweden remains the only unbeaten team in Group A. It leads with eight points from three games, followed by Canada with seven points and Norway with six. In other games, Finland blanked Germany 4-0 in Group B and Denmark beat Italy 4-1 in Group A for their first victories. Sondre Olden put Norway 1-0 ahead on a breakaway in the second half before Joakim Lindstrom tied it for Sweden on a power play. "It was a tough game," said Nyquist, a Detroit Red Wings forward. "They were tight on us, they had a lot of guys back and we had to go through five guys the whole time. We didnt create enough chances thats something we got to work on." Added Norway defenceman Jonas Holos: "We battled hard again, but theyre better than us." In another Group B game, defenceman Arturs Kulda scored twice and Juris Stals netted the decisive goal 3:22 into the third period to lift Latvia past Kazakhstan 5-4 for its second win. After losses to Latvia and Russia, Finland finally found its stride. Petri Kontiola and Jarkko Immonens first-period goals gave the Finns a 2-0 lead before Olli Palola and Leo Komarov scored 30 seconds apart in the second. "Maybe its a bit of a turning point. Its certainly good to get a smile back on our faces," Kontiola said. Goaltender Pekka Rinne made 20 saves for the shutout. Latvia has six points in Group B, Finland has three, Germany five and Kazakhstan one. Jannik Hansen scored short-handed for Denmark. Jesper Jensen and Emil Kristensen netted one each before Kim Staal added the last into an empty net. Denmark next plays Canada on Thursday. "If this tournament has proved anything its that anybody can beat anybody," Hansen said about Denmarks hopes to advance to the quarterfinals. "If you have a fortunate day and couple of bounces, anything can happen." Diego Kostner scored for Italy. "Tactically, defensively we played a sound, solid game" Italy coach Tom Pokel said. "So it was a tough one to swallow today." Denmark and Italy have three points each in Group A. Mike Piazza Youth Jersey . Unfortunately for Toronto, that surge was too much to handle as the Stars scored six straight goals and ended the Marlies season with a 6-2 victory on Tuesday. Toronto had built a 2-0 lead on goals by Frazer McLaren and Peter Holland, but Texas charged back with a wild rally late in the second period to spark its trip to the Calder Cup final. Kenley Jansen Dodgers Jersey . I kept my eyes focused up on the camera during each approach. I just tried to stay focused on my form, as I didnt know what the ball reaction was. I was quite emotional at the end. I did not actually see any of the shots in the game until I got home and watched the video. http://www.ladodgersprostore.us/Sandy-Koufax-dodgers-jersey/ . Rosbergs time of 1 minute, 33.185 seconds at the Bahrain International Circuit was a quarter of a second faster than Hamilton, who had to abandon his final flying lap after running wide at the first corner. Sandy Koufax Youth Jersey .Heres Ralph the Dog with the crew here at TSN jumping into the James Duthie TradeCentre selfie: Happy to drop by! RT @TSN_Sports: @tsnjamesduthie: Take this Ellen. Babe Herman Dodgers Jersey . The club was unable to retain hitting coach Kevin Seitzer, who is bound for Atlanta. Seitzer replaces Greg Walker, who was assisted by Scott Fletcher this season as the Braves finished 79-83.BOSTON -- It is Michel Therriens first Game 7 as an NHL coach, compared to No. 10 for Bostons Claude Julien. But as the Canadiens coach pointed out, he has been here before. "For us, Game 6 in Montreal was the same thing," Therrien said of the Habs 4-0 do-or-die win, which forced Game 7 Wednesday night at the TD Garden. "Its a matter of attitude and I believe we had the right frame of mind and right mindset for Game 6. The attitude was there. "And I saw a bunch of guys (Tuesday) with the same attitude. This morning again. So were all excited about that challenge. It was a huge challenge for us back home and its another huge challenge for us tonight." Julien, who ties Mike Keenan for the most Game 7s in NHL history among head coaches, was equally excited after the morning skate. "I was ready to play last night and I was excited watching the other games on TV," said the Bruins coach, who is 5-4 in his previous nine Games 7s. "I wish it was an afternoon game versus a night game. "Its the excitement of wanting to play those (games). It depends on how you approach it. Im excited about it. I dont know if having been through a lot of Game 7s is a compliment. But weve been through a lot of them and hopefully we can take advantage of it." The winner will host the New York Rangers in the Eastern Conference final. Both the Bruins and Canadiens will be looking for a fast start. The team that scores first in Game 7 is 113-40 (.739) all-time, not to mention all six previous games in this series. Boston has a clear edge in Game 7 experience. The Bruins have played in a combined total of 89 Game 7s, compared to 38 for Montreal. Bruins captain Zdeno Chara will be appearing in his 11th Game 7, passing Martin Brodeur, Andrew Ference and Scott Gomez (10) for the most among active players "Asked about his favourite Game 7 memory, the 37-year-old Chara smiled and replied: "Every one that we win." Ask Montreal forward Brendan Gallagher about his last Game 7 and the 22-year-old forward reaches back to junior hockey for a double-overtime Vancouver Giannts win over the Spokane Chiefs.dddddddddddd The Habs will look to their leaders, with goalie Carey Price and defenceman P.K. Subban leading the way. "P.K. Subbans been phenomenal since the playoff started ... Hes a gamer," said Therrien. "Hes a guy that will bring his game to another level when the game counts. Hes been a leader on the ice definitely for our club." Prices record this year in elimination games is 4-0, counting Game 6 and three win-or-go-home games at the Sochi Olympics -- against Latvia, the U.S. and Sweden. The 26-year-old gave up just one goal in those games. "Hes calm and he makes our team play with confidence," said Therrien. "It goes with maturity. Hes a young veteran but this year his experience at the Olympics, I thought he was phenomenal. He was a true leader for that team and ended up winning the gold medal. Last game, it was the same thing. It was a huge game for us." All four of Prices post-season shutouts have come against the Bruins. According to the Elias Sports Bureau, the only other goalie to earn his first four playoff shutouts against one team is Brodeur (also against Boston). The only other Habs goalie with four post-season shutouts against the Bruins is Jacques Plante (between 1954 and 1958). Boston is taking part in a Game 7 for the seventh consecutive season, setting an NHL record. The Bruins had been tied with the Avalanche, participants in six consecutive years from 1998 through 2003. There was no word on any lineup changes. Asked if defenceman Dennis Seidenberg might return from a knee injury layoff, Julien chose to be a bit fuzzy. "I dont think so," said Julien, who obviously knew the answer. "Id be very surprised." NOTES -- The Game 7 between the Bruins and Canadiens is the ninth between the two franchises, which is a record for two teams among all major sports. Montreal held a 5-3 advantage in the eight prior Game 7s, but the teams split six such games in Boston ... Thirty-eight of the 152 Game 7s in the NHL have required overtime, with a 19-19 split between home and road teams. ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Garcia Forum // Voorbeeld Forum Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: