Garcia Forum
feated Peter Polan

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Garcia Forum // Voorbeeld Forum
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
yyys123

BerichtGeplaatst: 15-07-2019 02:30:15    Onderwerp: feated Peter Polan Reageren met citaat
Carmelo Anthony said Wednesday that he has heard Phil Jackson will be "coming on board" with the New York Knicks, the strongest indication yet that the 11-time NBA champion coach will soon be taking over the teams basketball operations. Anthony went as far as to suggest that its no longer a question of if Jackson will rejoin the Knicks, but when. "Everythings in his hands now," Anthony told reporters in Boston at the Knicks gameday shootaround practice. Neither the Knicks nor Jackson had any immediate comment. Jackson played on the Knicks last championship team in 1973, and later went on to win six NBA titles as a coach with the Chicago Bulls and five more with the Los Angeles Lakers. "Im agnostic as to what team, but I would love to see Phil Jackson" back in the league, NBA Commissioner Adam Silver said Wednesday after speaking to the Boston College Chief Executives Club of Boston. "To have one of the greatest ever sitting on the sidelines is a loss for the league," Silver added. "The league needs him. I hope he lands with some organization." Jackson, 68, has said in the past that teams have tried to lure him back to the NBA, and there has been speculation for several days that this offer from the Knicks would be good enough to get him to interrupt retirement. Jackson has been out of the league and largely out of the public eye since 2011, when he ended his coaching stint with the Lakers. "I still dont have a lot of the details, all the details," Anthony told reporters. "Have I heard? Yeah, Ive heard that he will be coming on board. Its not official yet. You can always use Phil Jacksons insight on whatever ... his philosophy, his mindset, his resume, what he brings to the game, what he brings to a team or organization. That goes without even saying, so well see how that plays out." Anthony said he hasnt spoken with Jackson about his plans for the Knicks. If this deal becomes official, that will likely change quickly, since Anthony could leave this summer as a free agent. Anthony said the Knicks told him about their pursuit of Jackson over the last couple days. He gave no indication if Jacksons potential involvement with the Knicks would affect his free-agency plans. "It wasnt something that was do-or-die based on my decision," Anthony told reporters. "Them guys was going to make that decision regardless of what I said." Ever since Jackson last coached, there has been a certain amount of guessing about when he would return to the league — or if any offer really could get him to leave Montana, where hes spent much of retirement. He didnt exactly slam the door shut in 2012, telling HBOs "Real Sports" that "there might be" a job that would bring him back to the game. In that same interview, Jackson called the Knicks roster at the time "clumsy" and said Anthony had to become a better passer. But he also seemed to suggest that if he wanted, he could still win. "The game doesnt pass a person by," Jackson told HBO in that interview. The Knicks won 54 games last season and considered themselves to be title contenders. They entered Wednesday on a four-game winning streak, but were still No. 10 in the Eastern Conference standings, 3 1/2 games out of the eighth and final playoff spot. Already, though, speculation is rampant that major changes are coming before next season. Knicks coach Mike Woodson has been on perhaps the hottest of hot seats, Anthony could go elsewhere, and it would certainly make sense if Jackson surrounded himself with people who are familiar with him and the style he used to coach the Bulls and Lakers to the 11 titles. "You cant take for granted what he knows about the game of basketball, whether hes on the sideline or in the front office," Anthony told reporters. "Im sure he will try to his best to do what he has to do to try to build a championship team. He knows how to put guys together, put a team together. Well see what happens." AP Sports Writer Jimmy Golen in Boston contributed to this report. Tyler Higbee Youth Jersey . -- The guys in green raced off the court and into the locker room where they danced and sang, compared whose shot was most likely to end up featured on "One Shining Moment," and checked Twitter to see who was giving them a shoutout. Robert Woods Jersey . Dancevic won his singles match on Friday, defeating Go Soeda 6-4, 7-6 (2), 6-1, to even the best-of-five series at a game apiece. World No. 18 Kei Nishikori defeated Peter Polansky in the opening match, 6-4, 6-4, 6-4. http://www.footballramsshop.us/authentic-jack-youngblood-rams-jersey/ . Kyle Denbrook, a soccer player from Saint Marys University, took the CIS male athlete of the week honour. Stanley, a fourth-year business administration student from Charlottetown, scored both goals in a 2-0 win over Dalhousie on Friday and tallied again in a 1-0 win over Saint Marys on Sunday. Kurt Warner Womens Jersey . This time, it was Eric Chavezs turn. Stuck in a rut since coming off the disabled list, Chavez hit the first pitch he saw in the ninth inning for a run-scoring single, sending the Diamondbacks to another walk-off victory, 4-3 over the San Francisco Giants on Saturday night. Cory Littleton Rams Jersey . He still wanted out. "It just seemed like the direction they were going didnt fit what I thought my career was going to be," Kesler said. "At the end of the day I want to win a championship and I want to win it now, and four years is a little too long for me.INDIANAPOLIS -- Indianapolis signed free agent centre Phil Costa on Thursday. The 6-foot-3, 302-pound Maryland alum started 20 games over the past four seasons with Dallas. Terms of the deal were not immediately available. Costa is likely to replace Samson Satele, who started the last two seasons with Indy. Satele was released in a cost-cutting move late last week. Costa was originally signed as an undrafted rookie in 2010, and eventually won the starting job.dddddddddddd Colts general manager Ryan Grigson said in a statement that Costa was a "physical" centre who will provide "competition" for the starting job. Indy has been busy in free agency, signing a handful of its own players and adding Costa, linebacker DQwell Jackson from Cleveland and defensive lineman Arthur Jones from Baltimore. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Cheap NBA Jerseys Wholesale NHL Jerseys Wholesale MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Wholesale NCAA Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys Wholesale Basketball Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Garcia Forum // Voorbeeld Forum Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: