Garcia Forum
pole-sitters have won the race, and nobody has moved up to w

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Garcia Forum // Voorbeeld Forum
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
yyys123

BerichtGeplaatst: 13-07-2019 02:25:42    Onderwerp: pole-sitters have won the race, and nobody has moved up to w Reageren met citaat
NEW YORK -- Carmelo Anthony kept losing the ball all night long, and now the New York Knicks have lost their hold on eighth place in the Eastern Conference playoff race. Anthony committed nine turnovers and Bradley Beal made another big shot at Madison Square Garden, a go-ahead jumper over Tyson Chandler with 6.9 seconds left as the Washington Wizards beat the Knicks 90-89 on Friday night. Beals jumper quieted the Garden crowd just as he did back on Dec. 16, when he beat the Knicks for a go-ahead layup. "Its pretty cool, I guess", Washingtons second-year guard said. "For them to go silent, thats kind of, Wow." John Wall, who added 19 points, combined with Beal for Washingtons final 12 to dampen New Yorks playoffs hopes. Anthony was favouring an ailing right shoulder he said he initially banged up during the win against Brooklyn on Wednesday. He felt it go out during the first half but decided to keep playing. He lost control of the ball as he tried to go left into the lane on New Yorks last possession, but J.R. Smith, who as of late has recaptured the form that earned him last years Sixth Man of the Year award, recovered it but missed a potential winning 3-pointer with 2.2 seconds left. Smith finished with a season-high 32 points. "I felt like I lost the ball," Anthony said. "It was a tough loss, man. I wish I could have did better and played better. For the most part I thought my teammates did what they had to do. J.R. had a phenomenal game. I wish I could have rewarded that." The Knicks announced after the game that Anthony strained his right shoulder but X-rays were negative. He said he expects to play Sunday against the Miami Heat. New York dropped out of the final playoff position just two nights after moving into it by beating the Nets. Struggling Atlanta went back ahead by one game after beating the Cleveland Cavaliers earlier Friday. Smith would have liked to have had the chance to take the initial shot. "Yeah, no matter who that is, I always want the last shot. Its something Ive never been shy about", Smith said. Anthony, held to 10 points, made a jumper to cut the Wizards lead to 88-86 lead with 1:33 remaining. After Wall missed a long shot in front of the arc at the top of the key, Anthony tried to connect with Tim Hardaway Jr., who was open near the Washington bench for a 3, but Martell Webster intercepted Anthonys pass. The Knicks got the ball back after Wall lost control of it as he drove to the basket. With 33.5 seconds left, Anthony then found an open Raymond Felton for a 3-pointer to give the Knicks an 89-86 lead, but Beal answered with his jumper over Chandler, who had come out to help. It was the second straight win for Washington, which clinched its first playoff since 2008 on Wednesday. "Our defence was pretty good but Trevors (Ariza) defence on Carmelo was outstanding", Wizards coach Randy Wittman said. "Trevor fought and fought him. At the end we decided to trap him and make someone else beat us." The Knicks couldnt and now they will face a tough challenge Sunday when they travel to face the Miami Heat, who have already beaten them twice this season. The Knicks have five remaining games, three on the road, against three teams that are all playoff-bound in the East. New York cant afford to have its leading scorer out. "Well I knew it was bothering him, but you know weve got to have Melo on the floor," Woodson said. "Again, it was a hard-fought game. Our guys came up defeated, so now we have to figure out how were going to get it back because ... Atlanta won tonight." Notes: Former Buffalo Bills quarterback and Hall of Famer Jim Kelly attended the game with his family. Kelly, who is battling his second bought with cancer, will undergo treatment next week at a hospital in the city. ... Before the game, the Knicks honoured Anthony with a plaque to celebrate his 62-point, Madison Square Garden record, set Jan. 24. Paul Krause Womens Jersey . - Chicago Bears running back Matt Forte sees the commitment to the handoff and cant help but come away impressed. Alexander Mattison Youth Jersey . Louis, MO (SportsNetwork. http://www.thevikingsshoponline.com/Youth-Mike-Hughes-Vikings-Jersey/ . Beckham says "nothing has been confirmed yet, but its something I am very excited about." He adds that "Miami is something that really excites me because there is a great energy down there. Alexander Mattison Vikings Jersey . The 2014 edition will be the ninth meeting between the Caps and Vikes in a tradition that dates back to 2005. "Since the original Whitecaps, the club has enjoyed fantastic support from fans in Victoria and all across Vancouver Island," said Whitecaps FC president Bob Lenarduzzi. Brett Favre Youth Jersey . The freestyle skier from Calgary finished sixth in the qualification round with a total of 82.00 points. Groenewoud won a silver medal at the X Games last month, just over five weeks after undergoing double knee surgery. SONOMA, Calif. -- Although Dario Franchitti hasnt won an IndyCar race since last years Indianapolis 500, hes in prime position to snap that unpleasant streak when he starts on the pole Sunday in an excellent Honda at Sonoma Raceway. But if he can help Scott Dixon by stepping off the gas a bit, Franchitti would be happy to follow team orders. Franchitti wont put his personal success ahead of Target Chip Ganassi Racings fortunes. That means Dixon will get every chance to gain ground on IndyCar points leader Helio Castroneves (453 points), who leads second-place Dixon (422) with five races to go. "I want to win the race, obviously," Franchitti said after turning a lap in 1 minute, 17.5271 seconds to win his 33rd career pole. "But the big picture -- and we say this every year in our team -- we sit in the first meeting of the year, and our two goals are to win the 500 and win the championship. We didnt win the 500, so weve got to win the championship. Scott is our best shot at that, and whatever I can do to help him win that championship, I will." Will Power also hasnt won an IndyCar race since early last season in Sao Paulo, yet he feels the same way about Team Penske teammate Castroneves, who needs a strong finish in the waning weeks of the IndyCar season to earn his first championship. "Anything to help Helio win the championship," said Power, who finished second in each of the last three years. Dixon finished qualifying in second place at 1:17.7196, while Castroneves starts back in fifth behind Power and Ryan Hunter-Reay. That distance isnt much, but its a bit tougher to make up at Sonoma Raceway, a 2.385-mile road course in Northern California wine country. Passing is uncommonly difficult on the winding, 12-turn Sonoma track, which makes qualifying particularly important. Four pole-sitters have won the race, and nobody has moved up to win from farther than fifth. Its tough even under ideal conditions, but the Bay Area wind has been unpredictable this weeek, its direction changing 180 degrees over the course of many afternoons.dddddddddddd The wind also blows Sonoma sand onto the track, creating unpredictable tire conditions and general uncertainty with every turn. "It was all over the place," Castroneves said after qualifying. "You really have to expect the unexpected all the time -- and then the sun is really beautiful right now, and actually no (wind). It was very difficult for everyone." Charlie Kimball continued his impressive recent work with a sixth-place run Saturday, easily his highest qualifying position in Sonoma. Ganassis Kimball earned his first career victory in IndyCars most recent race in Ohio. "The wind does totally change the track," said Power, who set the track record in qualifying last year. "Our car was quite tough. Im pretty happy. I think the Ganassi guys have definitely got a leg up on everybody here." Franchitti earned his third pole at Sonoma and his fourth pole of the season. The Scot said his team spent a sombre week working on the race after the recent deaths of Chip Ganassis father, Floyd, and the wife of former Ganassi engineer Andy Brown. "Its obviously been a very tough week," Franchitti said. "Were pretty focused on bringing a good result for the team." While the top two teams will do anything to help their top two drivers, nobody is conceding the IndyCar series title to the two front-runners just yet. Five drivers are within 111 points of Castroneves, including Andretti Autosports Hunter-Reay in third place and Franchitti in fifth. Castroneves said hes feeling fine after spraining his neck and cutting his shin when he crashed a stock car during practice on a street course in his native Brazil two weeks ago. He insists hes in top condition to handle the demanding Sonoma track -- as does defending Sonoma champion Ryan Briscoe, who qualified well back in 22nd place for Panther Racing in his final IndyCar event of the season. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Cheap NBA Jerseys Wholesale NHL Jerseys Wholesale MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Wholesale NCAA Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys Wholesale Basketball Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Garcia Forum // Voorbeeld Forum Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: