Garcia Forum
he Madrid Open last wee

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Garcia Forum // Voorbeeld Forum
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
yyys123

BerichtGeplaatst: 26-07-2019 02:44:23    Onderwerp: he Madrid Open last wee Reageren met citaat
ROME -- Serena Williams isnt committing to playing in the Italian Open yet as she waits to see how her injured left thigh feels. The top-ranked Williams withdrew before her quarterfinal match at the Madrid Open last week. "Im taking it a day at a time. Well see as the week goes on. I have the rest of the day off and Ill see how I feel tomorrow," Williams said Monday. "I hit some balls today a little bit so Im going to see later tonight how it feels." In Madrid, Williams had her thigh heavily bandaged and said the injury occurred during a first-round victory over Belinda Bencic. She dismissed conjecture of pulling out for precautionary reasons. "I dont do anything out of precaution anymore. You live once and I feel like anything can happen tomorrow," Williams said. "I just physically couldnt play. I was in a lot of pain and just wasnt able to continue. When I play I want to give 100 per cent. "I want to go out there and I want to give the fans everything that they deserve and everything that they come to see," Williams added. "And I just wasnt going to even come close to being there." Williams is the defending champion at the Foro Italico, and also won the title in 2002. Shell also be the defending champion when the French Open starts in two weeks. Compared to earlier in her career, Williams said she really enjoys the red clay of Rome and Paris now. "I love the challenge of having to be more consistent and having to be that much better," she said. Williams is slated to open against either Romina Oprandi of Switzerland or Andrea Petkovic of Germany. Shes one of eight Americans in the draw -- quite a large showing compared to recent years. "Its good timing. Im nearing the end of my career, I guess -- who knows when its going to end, I love playing -- and people get inspired by different Americans maybe, and maybe start to play now," Williams said. "I love seeing all the Americans around." The other Americans in Rome are Varvara Lepchenko, Sloane Stephens, Christina McHale, Lauren Davis, Madison Keys, Alison Riske and Serenas older sister Venus Williams. At 32, Serena Williams marveled at the retirement announcement last week by former No. 1 Dinara Safina, who is 28. "Shes a lot younger than me," Serena said. "I just enjoy it right now. I enjoy my practice and Im starting to look in the mirror like, Wow. Whats wrong with me? I should be starting to not enjoy it so much. But the older I get the more I enjoy it. Its kind of weird but Im going to take it as it is." Deshaun Watson Youth Jersey . They were right in that they responded to coach Randy Carlyles goaltending switch to erase a two-goal deficit. Andre Johnson Jersey . CEO Steve Koonin on Tuesday told the Hawks flagship radio station that he made the decision to discipline Ferry but allowed him to keep his job managing the team. He did not say what the punishment was, but noted that he relied on a law firms three-month investigation of Ferry and him describing Deng as someone who has a little African in him. http://www.texansrookiestore.com/Texans-Deshaun-Watson-Jersey/ . Sociedad remained in sixth place with Villarreal a point behind in seventh, both in Europa League spots and in striking distance of fourth place and the final Champions League berth. Sociedad forward Carlos Vela chipped goalkeeper Jaime Jimenez after receiving an equally exquisite lobbed pass from Ruben Pardo to set him up in the 23rd minute at Anoeta Stadium. DeAndre Hopkins Youth Jersey . -- Chicago manager Darold Butler has a message for the Windy City. Arian Foster Jersey . Torres scored the first goal by an English team in the knockout phase of the Champions League this season when he met Cezar Azpilicuetas cutback in the ninth minute of their first leg match in the last 16. But Chelsea failed to make the most of its counterattacks and the Turkish champions equalized in the second half after gaining in confidence and cutting out their defensive mistakes.BIRMINGHAM, England -- Former England midfielder Joe Cole signed a two-year deal with Aston Villa on Tuesday, giving him a chance to prolong his career with another Premier League club. The 32-year-old Cole joined the Birmingham club on a free transfer after being released by West Ham at the end of the season. "Im as excited now as I was as a 16-year-old lad going into my first season with West Ham," said Cole, who won three Premier League titles with Chelsea and earned 56 caps for England. Cole played a small part for the Hammers during his 18-month stint at the east London club. His last Premier League start was in a 3-3 draw against West Bromwich Albion in December. Prior to his return to West Ham, he had a successful loan spell at Lille after struggling to reignite his career with Liverpool in 2010.dddddddddddd "Ive been lucky enough to have a really good career but theres still a lot more I want to achieve," Cole said. "This is a massive club and theres a massive opportunity for the club to push on. That was the main factor." Cole is the second major signing this summer for manager Paul Lambert, who is trying to bolster a squad that has been on the verge of relegation the past two seasons. Former Arsenal defender Philippe Senderos joined Villa last week. Cole expects to play in central midfield for Villa, where he hopes help strikers Christian Benteke and Andreas Weimann boost their production. "Having those fast players in attack and around me, I feel like I can supply them with the bullets and get them the ball in the final third," he said. ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Garcia Forum // Voorbeeld Forum Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: