Garcia Forum
missed a 3 at the other end. "Gl

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Garcia Forum // Voorbeeld Forum
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
yyys123

BerichtGeplaatst: 04-11-2019 07:14:29    Onderwerp: missed a 3 at the other end. "Gl Reageren met citaat
(SportsNetwork.com) - So much for that December breakdown. The Dallas Cowboys didnt buy into that theory this season and are NFC East champions for the first time since 2009. The Cowboys will put the finishing touches on the regular season Sunday against the division-rival Washington Redskins at FedEx Field. Dallas cinched up an NFC East crown with Sundays 42-7 dismantling of Andrew Luck and the AFC South-champion Indianapolis Colts. Tony Romo, whos notorious for collapsing toward the end of the season, tossed four touchdown passes and threw for 218 yards with no interceptions. Its great to see the guys go out and play a really good football game when we needed it, said Romo, who passed Troy Aikman for the most passing yards in franchise history and completed 18-of-20 attempts. Romo finished the game with a 151.7 passer rating, setting an NFL record for six games this season with a rating over 135.0, surpassing Steve Young (1993) and Peyton Manning (2013). He has won seven of past 11 starts against the Redskins and leads the NFL with a 114.4 rating. Cowboys owner Jerry Jones is glad to have Romo on his side. Im confident as we go into the tournament that were going to have as good of quarterback play as any other team in the NFL, Jones said Sunday. I think Romo is there. Im going to say it one more time ... somehow, someway he needs to have a Super Bowl by his name. Hes that good. Philadelphias loss to the Redskins on Saturday set the stage for Romo and Dallas, which has won three in a row and five of its last six games. The Cowboys can still a first-round bye under a few scenarios. A win plus losses by Seattle and Arizona will give the Cowboys an extra week of rest. Heres an unlikely scenario: If the Cowboys win, Detroit-Green Bay ends in a tie and either Arizona loses or Seattle wins, Dallas will clinch the No. 1 seed in the NFC. Dallas has been outstanding on the road this season as evidenced by a 7-0 record. It is 3-2 against the NFC East and 7-4 in conference action. It is unknown if head coach Jason Garrett will rest his players in DC. Our plan is to practice as well as we can practice and go play our best football game with the guys who are available to us, Garrett said. Were excited about that opportunity. Thats what we do here. Cowboys running back and NFL leading rusher DeMarco Murray played with a broken hand versus the Colts and could take a breather again the Redskins. He has 1,745 yards on 373 carries, so the possibility of reaching 2,000 yards is pretty much out of reach. He is 29 yards shy for the most rushing yards in a season, as Emmitt Smith currently holds the record of 1,773 yards in 1995. Murray has 11 100-yard rushing games this season, which is tied with Smith for the most in a season for the Cowboys. The Redskins ended a six-game losing streak with a 27-24 victory over the Eagles and spoiled Phillys chances of making a playoff run. Defensive back Bashaud Breeland intercepted Eagles quarterback Mark Sanchezs pass at the Washington 42-yard line inside the two-minute warning and Pierre Garcon later broke a tackle to set up Kai Forbaths 26-yard field goal with five seconds remaining. Philadelphia had one last chance and Sanchezs desperation heave was batted down in the end zone. Love the way our team battled and competed, said Redskins coach Jay Gruden. Theres been a lot of talk about people quitting and you can see what type of guys we have. Guys didnt quit. Alfred Morris rushed for 83 yards on 21 carries and joined Stephen Davis (1999-2001) as the only running backs in team history to rush for 1,000 yards in three consecutive seasons. Robert Griffin III made the start at quarterback and didnt have to do much, completing 16 of his 23 passes for 220 yards, no touchdowns and one interception. DeSean Jackson finished with 126 yards on four catches and will wrap up his first season in Washington this weekend. The former Eagle was asked if the team misses his big-play capability. Thats a question you have to ask them, Jackson said. As far as my ex- teammates, I think a lot of the guys miss me. Im happy to be here in Washington. Things didnt go the way we wanted it go this year, but at the end of the day, weve got a job to do, which is to finish strong. The Redskins are 4-11 on the season and a win Sunday over the Cowboys would give them the most wins since a 10-6 record and an NFC East title in 2012. The Skins were only 3-13 in 2013. Washington defeated Dallas, 20-17, in overtime on Oct. 27 in Big D, as Forbath booted a 40-yard field goal to win it. Morris had 73 yards and a touchdown, while Murray ran for 141 yards in defeat. Morris has rushed for seven scores in the past five encounters with the rival Cowboys. Dallas leads the all-time series with a 64-41-2 advantage in the regular season over Washington and has won five of the past eight meetings, including both matchups in 2013. The Redskins havent swept a season series from the Cowboys since 2012. WHAT TO LOOK FOR Offensive play caller Scott Linehan pulled all the right strings for the Cowboys to this point and is hoping the success continues. Its difficult to fail with a savvy quarterback, a dynamic wide receiver and running back, and a stout offensive line, but its happened in the past. This season had a different feel to it and the Cowboys never quit. Garrett reflected on the Week 1 loss versus San Francisco in which Romo threw three interceptions to just one touchdown. Romo, of course, dealt with a back issue all season. I felt like he was making progress physically, almost day by day and week by week since the start of the offseason, Garrett said. At different times he didnt look quite like himself physically because of the work hed done in training camp or because of something that happened in a previous game. I think hes had some of those moments throughout the year. But thats every player. Some guys are banged up at different times. Tonys a tough guy. Hes a physically tough guy. Hes a mentally tough guy. I knew he was going to respond the right way. Thats how hes responded throughout his career. I knew he was going to get better physically. Dallas went on to win six in a row after the loss to the 49ers. Romo has thrown for 18 touchdowns to just two interceptions his last seven games, and is four TD strikes shy of matching a career-high 36 set in 2007. He should come close to that mark if he plays the entire game in Washington because the Redskins secondary is one of the weakest in the league. I just feel very comfortable throwing the football, Romo said. Those are things that come with age and experience and working your butt off to technically perfect your craft. When youre feeling good in that rhythm throwing it, I always felt like I could read it and see it, but you need that fundamental aspect of the game to take it to the next level. I think Ive done a better job of that this year. Romo has catapulted himself to MVP status. It helps to have Dez Bryant at receiver. Bryant leads the Cowboys in receptions (84), receiving yards (1,221) and receiving touchdowns (14). He needs six receptions to become the first Cowboy with 90 or more catches, 1,000-plus yards and 10 or more receiving TDs in three straight seasons. The Redskins will try to expose Dallas defense with the vertical threat of Jackson and Garcon. Garcon had 47 yards on four receptions in the first meeting with Dallas and Jackson caught six passes for 136 yards. Jackson leads the Redskins with 1,083 yards and has eclipsed the 1,000-yard mark in each of the past two seasons and four times in his career. Jackson has never had fewer than 700 yards in a season. Hes been great, man, Redskins head coach Jay Gruden said. I gained a lot of respect for DeSean. Whatever happened in the past in Philadelphia I dont know, but I know since that hes been a Washington Redskin, hes been solid to be around. Hes been a good worker and obviously hes a big-time threat all the time. In 11 career games against Dallas, Jackson has 810 yards and only one touchdown on 42 catches. Anytime the Redskins play the Cowboys, it doesnt matter what your record is, it should be great motivation and thats definitely going to be my No. 1 tool this week for motivation is just beating the Cowboys, Gruden said. Gruden utilizes Jacksons speed and home run-hitting ability, and it doesnt matter whos throwing him the football. Gruden played musical chairs with his quarterbacks all season and Griffin could be playing his final game with Washington, which drafted him second overall in 2012. Defensively, Redskins linebacker Ryan Kerrigan has recorded a full sack in five straight games and has 13 1/2 on the season. He is currently tied with former linebacker Ken Harvey for the most sacks in a single season by an LB. OVERALL ANALYSIS If the Redskins had the chance to spoil the season for the Cowboys on Sunday, they would accomplish the task because misery loves company. Not the case this weekend. Dallas is in and could probably care less how the season finale unfolds. The Cowboys, though, should take it seriously in order to prepare for a tough NFC opponent in the postseason. Entering the playoffs on a losing note doesnt breed positivity. Sports Network predicted outcome: Cowboys 27, Redskins 20 Nike Shoes China . "Opinion: Womens World Cup is the best Soccer of the year," Hanks tweeted to his 8.73 million followers on Friday. "Hey FIFA, they deserve real grass. Put in sod. Nike Shoes From China Outlet . Basketball fans around the globe will be watching as Kobe Bryant makes his season debut - 240 days after tearing his left Achilles - against Toronto, a team he has used as his own personal punching bag. https://www.nikeshoeschina.us/ .com) - Its fair to call Mike McCarthy one of the best coaches in the NFL but its also more than objective to point out that the veteran mentor bookended the Green Bay Packers season with two, truly awful game plans in Seattle. Fake Nike Shoes . That little deal worked out in a big way for the Mavericks. Nowitzki had 21 points Tuesday night to pass Oscar Robertson for 10th on the NBAs career scoring list, leading the Mavs to a 95-83 victory over the Utah Jazz. Clearance Nike Shoes From China .28 for a combined time of 1:14.70, also an Olympic record. Lee won the gold medal, defending her title from the Vancouver Games. ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- Jordan Morgan isnt going to be a high NBA draft pick and hell certainly never have his number raised to the Crisler Center rafters. On Saturday, however, Morgan showed one more time why hell always be remembered fondly at Michigan. Playing his final home game, Morgan had his first double-double of the season, putting up 15 points and 10 rebounds to help No. 12 Michigan cap a night-long celebration with an 84-80 victory over Indiana. "We werent ecstatic in the locker room, but we were pretty happy," Morgan said. "This was a unforgettable night." Morgan came to Michigan in 2009, and was a redshirt on a team led by Manny Harris and DeShawn Sims. They went 15-17, missed out on post-season play and didnt look anything like a basketball power. Five years later, the Wolverines have won two Big Ten titles, gone to a national championship and head into next weeks Big Ten tournament as the top seed and unquestioned favourite. "It has been an incredible five years," Morgan said. "I cant begin to tell you how much hard work and sweat went into getting this program where it is now, and putting those banners in the rafters." Michigan (23-7 15-3) avenged last years defeat in the last game of the regular season. In that game, Morgans tap-in rolled off the rim as time expired, giving the Hoosiers the victory and costing the Wolverines a share of the conference title. This time, Michigan was playing for pride already having clinched the outright title Tuesday in Illinois. "Our motto since we came here has always been finish it strong," Michigan coach John Beilein said. "We wanted to do that for the regular season, but we also wanted to win this for Jordan and we wanted to win it for our fans, who came out every night during a horrible winter to support us." Glenn Robinson III had 20 points for Michigan, including a tie-breaking 3-pointer with 1:10 to play, while Nik Stauskas scored 21, furthering his case for Big Ten Player of the Year. "No one believed in this team, not after we lost Trey (Burke) and Timmy (Hardaway), and then had Mitch (McGary) go down with his back injury," Robinson said during a postgame celebration on the court. "We wanted to win this for J-Mo, and most of us had never beaten Indiana, so we wanted to take care of that." Will Sheehey led Indiana (17-14, 7-11) with 17 points, while Troy Williams and Yogi Ferrell added 16 apiece. "This is really disappointing -- no one is happy about this," Williams said. "Weve just got to learn from this and get better down the road." The Wolverines were sluggish in the early going, looking like a teamm that had already clinched everything important.ddddddddddddIf not for Morgan, who had shed a few tears during the Senior Day ceremony, Michigan might have been run off the floor by the Hoosiers. "I was trying to separate the emotions from my focus on the game," he said. "It was tough -- you didnt see all of the tears -- but it helped a lot to get really involved in our offence right from the start." Things got worse for the Wolverines late in the half, when a technical foul on Beilein resulted in two free throws by Ferrell. Indiana led 42-36 at the half, thanks to 13 points by Sheehey and 10 by Ferrell. "We fully expected to win this game, and we were ready to go," Indiana coach Tom Crean said. Stauskas, however, took over at the beginning of the second half, scoring six quick points to help Michigan tie the game at 48. The sophomore eschewed his normal 3-pointers to attack the rim, scoring three baskets. "I knew I needed to stay aggressive, even though my shot wasnt falling," Stauskas said. "That means trying to get to the rim." Indiana struggled with turnovers in the second half, giving the ball away 11 times in the first 13 minutes, leading to 16 Michigan points that helped the Wolverines build their lead. "It was just trash at that point," Sheehey said. "I think I had four turnovers in there and Yogi had four. Thats just unacceptable for two guys that have been playing this game for a while. I was just trying to make passes that werent there." An already fired-up Crisler Center crowd became louder as Charles Woodson was shown sitting courtside -- he even busted out the Heisman Trophy pose -- and a video from Morgan thanking the fans for the support during his career. "I never played football, but I was a Michigan fan, so Charles was one of my idols," Morgan said. "I couldnt believe it when I saw him here tonight." Caris LeVerts dunk made it 69-60 with 5:39 left, but Indiana tied the game at 75 with 90 seconds left. Robinson answered with a baseline 3-pointer, then grabbed the rebound when Stanford Robinson missed a 3 at the other end. "Glenn practices that shot all the time," Beilein said. "You expect him to drive from there, but he works and works on that shot, and I knew it was going in as soon as it left his hand." The Wolverines were able to clinch the game from the free throw line, despite Noah Vonlehs 3-pointer with 4.2 seconds left. "That 3 really sticks out for me, because we had come so far back," Crean said. "We overcame the mistakes and overcame the turnovers, but they got it done at the end." ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Garcia Forum // Voorbeeld Forum Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: