Garcia Forum
a par away from 58.

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Garcia Forum // Voorbeeld Forum
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
yyys123

BerichtGeplaatst: 02-11-2019 06:35:55    Onderwerp: a par away from 58. Reageren met citaat
BOSTON -- The Red Sox acquired infielder John McDonald in a trade with the Philadelphia Phillies on Saturday. McDonald adds depth all over the infield and gives AL East-leading Boston an experienced glove for the stretch drive. Because the move was made by the end of August, McDonald is eligible to play for Red Sox in the post-season. The Phillies received minor league right-hander Nefi Ogando in the deal. The 38-year-old McDonald has spent 15 years in the majors. He has played for Pittsburgh, Cleveland and Philadelphia this season, hitting .098 with a homer and four RBIs in 61 at-bats and 45 games. He hit .174 in 21 games with the Phillies. "Sometimes things dont work out," McDonald said after Philadelphias 4-3 loss at the Chicago Cubs on Saturday. "Ive made my way East on every team. I dont know if this is baseballs way of telling something. "Obviously, I wish things had gone better this year. I wish I had swung the bat better. I cant put my finger on why it hasnt happened. In baseball, when you get the opportunity, you have to take advantage of it." The 24-year-old Ogando was 2-3 with a 4.09 ERA and three saves for Class-A Salem this season. He made 33 relief appearances covering 55 innings. The Phillies also sent cash to Boston as part of the deal. Clearance Nike Air Max 270 . The whole deflation of New England Patriots footballs is like a murder mystery without the violence or significance. On one side, this is a ridiculous issue. Wholesale Nike Air Max 270 . - Aaron Rodgers makes tough throws that can leave fans of the Green Bay Packers speechless. https://www.cheapnikeairmax270china.us/ .com) - The Carolina Panthers won for the first time in seven games last week, were without Cam Newton due to a car accident this week, but somehow sit atop the much-maligned NFC South. Nike Air Max 270 Sale . Mueller is the grandson of the late Ron Lancaster, the Hall-of-Fame quarterback and longtime head coach in the CFL. Last season, Mueller was quarterbacks coach of the University of Regina Rams, his alma mater. Fake Nike Air Max 270 . - The Oakland Athletics have finalized an agreement on a 10-year extension to play at the Coliseum through the 2024 season.ENDICOTT, N.Y. -- Kevin Sutherland was only eight holes into his round Saturday at the Dicks Sporting Goods Open and already thinking about a 59. "Youre not supposed to do that, are you?" he said. The way this magical round went, nothing was going to stop him. Sutherland became the first player in Champions Tour history to shoot a 59, and it might have been even better except for a three-putt bogey from about 40 feet just off the 18th green. "Thank God I didnt four-putt," he said. Six players have shot 59 on the PGA Tour, including Paul Goydos, Sutherlands best friend on tour. Goydos was among several players who stood behind the 18th green to watch Sutherland complete a round that was practically flawless until the end. "Honestly, the ovation I got on 18 ... I know Jack Nicklaus and Arnold Palmer are used to that stuff, but to see all those guys behind the green, I couldnt believe it," Sutherland said. "I was nervous when I was putting." "Honestly, the ovation I got on 18 ... I know Jack Nicklaus and Arnold Palmer are used to that stuff, but to see all those guys behind the green, I couldnt believe it," Sutherland said. "So when they stood up, everybody stood up around the green and was clapping, I got some chills. I think thats what Im going to remember most." The 59 gave Sutherland a one-shot lead over Steve Lowery going into the final round. He was at 14-under 130. Sutherland, playing in only his third Champions Tour event since turning 50 in June, recalls asking some of the players at the start of the week if anyone had ever shot 59 on the senior circuit and was surprised it had not been done. He would not have seemed a likely candidate. Sutherlands career-low round on the PGA Tour was a 62 in the 2010 Canadian Open. Even at home in Sacramento, California, he never seriously came close to golfs magic number. On Saturday at En-Joie Golf Club, he couldnt miss. Sutherland oppened with four straight birdies -- two of them longer than 30 feet -- and hit hybrid into 6 feet for eagle on the par-5 fifth hole.dddddddddddd He ran off three more birdies, including a bunker shot he holed on No. 7 that hit the pin instead of rolling 10 feet away. Sure enough, after thinking about a 59, he made par on No. 9 to go out in 27. "When I was 9 under after eight I was like, That goes beyond being a good start," Sutherland said. "At that point I started thinking, What do you have to do to shoot 59. I started thinking maybe earlier than you should be, but it worked out all right." Not only did the gallery begin to grow, Sutherland said the players ahead would watch him hit into the green. He made a 35-foot birdie putt on No. 11 for his second straight birdie, and then settled down for three straight pars. "It got to the point where I didnt want to disappoint them," Sutherland said. "I had a 10-footer on 13 and missed it, and you would have thought I stole their young. They were really into it." He drove onto the par-4 16th hole for a two-putt birdie to reach 13 under, and then he stuffed his approach to tap-in distance on the 17th, leaving him a par away from 58. "I wasnt nervous all day, but I was nervous on 18," he said. "You dont get that chance very often." Lowery had nine birdies in his round of 65. John Cook had a 67 and was two shots behind. Cook was on the sixth tee when he heard about the 59. "Its a phenomenal round," Cook said. "Well try to run him down." Scott Hoch was 11 under after a 64, and Bernhard Langer had a 67 to top the group at 10 under. Sutherland, even though he has a piece of history, wants the trophy. His lone win on the PGA Tour was the 2002 Match Play Championship at La Costa. "Ill try to forget tomorrow what I did today," he said. "Because that could be pretty difficult to compare." ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Garcia Forum // Voorbeeld Forum Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: