Garcia Forum
he wall but wide, although Juventus g

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Garcia Forum // Voorbeeld Forum
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
yyys123

BerichtGeplaatst: 01-11-2019 06:57:55    Onderwerp: he wall but wide, although Juventus g Reageren met citaat
CHICAGO -- Tyler Flowers shocked the Oakland Athletics on Monday night -- but probably no more than he surprised himself. Flowers hit a solo home run to tie the game in the ninth inning and then added another to win it in the 12th, leading the Chicago White Sox to an improbable 5-4 victory. The catcher became the first player to hit a game-tying home run in the ninth and a game-winning homer in extra innings since Arizonas Paul Goldschmidt on Aug. 13, 2013, against Baltimore. "I wouldnt put too much stock in that happening consistently," said Flowers, who has a career-high 14 homers this season. "Next question." Jesse Chavez (8-Cool struck out the first batter in the 12th before Flowers hit the next pitch over the left-field fence. It was the first walk-off homer and second two-homer game in his career. "I definitely didnt expect to hit a home run either time," said Flowers, who fouled off four pitches before he went deep the first time. "I was just trying to battle and go with the information I had in front of me, and it happened to work out." The White Sox were one strike away from defeat when Flowers homered off Eric OFlaherty in the ninth. Oakland closer Sean Doolittle was unavailable because of an intercostal strain. "Youve seen him go through some struggles offensively and look good at other points," said White Sox manager Robin Ventura, whose team snapped a four-game losing streak. "For everything he does behind the plate, its nice for him to get this side of it, too." Javy Guerra (2-3) pitched two scoreless innings for the victory. The fading Athletics lost for the ninth time in 11 games but remained atop the AL wild-card race. "Its tough to lose games like that," manager Bob Melvin said. "There is a sense of urgency every game. We have 19 games left." The Athletics scored a run against Eric Surkamp in the eighth to take a 4-3 lead. Pinch-hitter Alberto Callaspo started the rally with a walk, and after pinch-runner Billy Burns stole second, Coco Crisp hit a soft single that Dayan Viciedo played passively in left field. Sam Fuld followed with a well-executed bunt that scored Burns from third. The Athletics had a runner on third and no outs in the ninth, but Ronald Belisario induced Nate Freiman to hit into a double play that killed the threat. Oakland starter Sonny Gray pitched effectively for seven innings but didnt figure in the decision. The right-hander gave up three runs -- two earned -- four hits and three walks. Chicago counterpart Hector Noesi took a one-hitter and a 2-0 lead into the fifth inning, which Derek Norris opened with a single. Josh Reddick followed with a home run to right field, and Jed Lowrie did the same on the next pitch. It marked the fourth time Oakland has hit back-to-back homers this season. The home runs were the 24th and 25th off Noesi this season, giving him the league lead in the category. The right-hander allowed four hits and one walk in 6 1-3 innings. Fuld protected the 3-2 lead in the bottom half, when the 5-foot-10 left fielder went above the fence to rob Alexei Ramirez of a solo homer. Conor Gillapsie tied it 3-3 with a solo homer in the sixth. The White Sox broke out to a 2-0 lead without the benefit of a hit in the first, which Adam Eaton and Ramirez opened with consecutive walks. One out later, first baseman Brandon Moss couldnt handle Gillaspies bouncer for an error that allowed a run. A wild pitch moved the runners before Avisail Garcia hit a sacrifice fly. TRAINERS ROOM Athletics: Doolittle reported no complications after he threw 20 pitches off a mound. The left-hander is scheduled to pitch to batters on Wednesday, and barring a setback, he might come off the DL the next day. ... OFlaherty tested his back before the game and felt well enough for bullpen duty. ... C John Jaso will consult with concussion expert Dr. Micky Collins in Pittsburgh on Wednesday. If cleared to play, the veteran is likely to come back as a pinch-hitter and designated hitter, although a return to the field remains possible later this month. White Sox: 1B Paul Konerko remains out indefinitely because of a fractured left hand. He hopes to return before the end of the season, which will be his last before retirement. UP NEXT In a matchup of left-handers, the Athletics will send Jon Lester (13-10, 2.54) to the mound against John Danks (9-10, 5.12) on Tuesday night. DUNN DEAL Athletics designated hitter Adam Dunn received a University of Texas golf cart from ex-teammates John Danks and Chris Sale before the game. "They could have handed me a Texas pencil and it would have been pretty cool," said the Houston native, who then joked, "I probably wont sell it immediately." Dunn returned to Chicago for the first time since he was dealt last month. MORE POWER TO HIM White Sox cleanup hitters other than 1B Jose Abreu have combined for 20 homers and 57 RBI in 430 at-bats this season. Abreu entered the game with four homers since the All-Star break compared to 29 before it. Asked whether he would like better protection behind Abreu next season, Ventura said, "I would like to have it for obvious reasons, but it doesnt mean its going to happen." Nike NFL Jerseys Outlet .Connor Graham, Alex Lintuniemi and Sam Studnicka also scored for Ottawa (11-8-2). Liam Herbst made 21 saves for the win.Brendan Lemieux had both of Barries (10-10-2) goals. Nike NFL Jerseys China . Off-Season Game Plan looks at what the Blue Jackets may do to build upon last seasons success to return to the playoffs again next year. https://www.chinajerseysnfl.us/ . According to Tony Barrett of The Times, the Liverpool captain is set to announce that he will leave the club at the end of the 2014-15 season. Wholesale NFL Jerseys China .com) - Richard Shermans two interceptions highlighted a dominant defensive effort, as the Seattle Seahawks routed the San Francisco 49ers in a highly anticipated NFC West Thanksgiving clash. Cheap NFL Jerseys China .J. -- Jaromir Jagr has hit so many NHL milestones this season for the New Jersey Devils that he is starting to downplay them. ISTANBUL, Turkey -- Wesley Sneijder scored a late goal Wednesday to help Galatasaray advance to the knockout stage of the Champions League with a 1-0 win over Juventus in a weather-delayed match. The former Inter Milan midfielder scored in the 85th minute in snowy conditions, eliminating Juventus from the competition. Didier Drogba flicked a long ball to Sneijder on the right of the penalty area and the Netherlands international shot through Juventus defender Leonardo Bonuccis legs and into the far bottom corner. The match had been abandoned in the 32nd minute on Tuesday because of hail and snow. The field was cleared of snow before the restart but the efforts had left it in poor condition. Juventus coach Antonio Conte and Drogba complained to the referee at halftime. "It was difficult to play the ball and I think it would have been better not to play as I said before the match," Galatasaray coach Roberto Mancini said. "It was an open game in the end and we deserved to win because we were more aggressive." Both teams struggled, especially when the snow began to fall heavily again, and chances were scarce. "It was impossible to play last night and no one wanted to. I didnt think it was right to play today either," Mancini said. "But it was impossible to suspend the game at the end of the first half, but I agree with Conte because it was impossible -- or almost -- to play and it wasnt a game of football." Galatasaray had to win to progress to the last 16, while Juventus needed only a point to secure its advancement from Group B, which was won by Real Madrid.dddddddddddd However, the Italian team was without playmaker Andrea Pirlo, who is out with damaged knee ligaments. "We tried to have the game postponed," Conte said. "There was a meeting with the UEFA delegate in which we explained the game was dangerous but maybe no one wanted to wait. "At halftime, I said to the referee that it wasnt safe. Drogba at a certain point told me its the same thing for both teams, but it wasnt, because we wanted to play football." Juventus had had the better of the opportunities on Tuesday, with Fernando Llorente going closest to putting the Italian side in front. The Spaniard controlled a cross from Arturo Vidal before volleying just wide of the left post. Galatasarays best chance fell to Drogba, who sent a free kick over the wall but wide, although Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon looked to have it covered. Both teams clearly struggled when the match resumed and they resorted to attempting long passes as the ball kept stopping in the slush. Galatasaray appeared to be dealing with the conditions better than Juventus as the snow began to again fall heavily and Sneijder almost broke the deadlock in the 54th but he shot over. "I have to praise the lads, they gave everything," Conte said. "We were punished in a huge way because were a team which plays with the ball. But we complicated our own lives by having to fight for qualification in the last match." ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Garcia Forum // Voorbeeld Forum Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: