Garcia Forum
from home. However, the Ace

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Garcia Forum // Voorbeeld Forum
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
yyys123

BerichtGeplaatst: 10-10-2019 06:55:19    Onderwerp: from home. However, the Ace Reageren met citaat
MONTREAL - If its not a must-win game, the Montreal Impacts home opener is certainly one they would very much like to win. After opening the Major League Soccer season with two tight losses on the road, the Impact will play host to the Seattle Sounders before more than 25,000 at Olympic Stadium on Saturday afternoon. It will be a first home game for new coach Frank Klopas, the first time Brossard, Que., native Patrice Bernier will play at home as team captain, and the last that star striker Marco Di Vaio will sit out from the three-game suspension he got for wading into a skirmish in the playoffs last October. "Its the third game of the season, but we need to start getting some points," former Chicago Fire boss Klopas said this week. "Its good to be home. "We definitely felt that we should have picked up some points on the road, but thats the game." The Impact opened the season March 8 with a 3-2 loss in Dallas marked by a harsh penalty awarded to the home team. They followed a week later with a 1-0 defeat in Houston. There was a feeling the team played better in the second game — that the defence was sharper, that better chances were created and that Di Vaios replacement Andrew Wenger looked more comfortable up front. "We have some momentum even if were 0-2," said Bernier, who replaced the departed Davy Arnaud as captain. "Its not like we played bad and got cleaned out. "We felt we progressed last game from the first game and now were coming home. We have to defend our home and weve been very good at home the last two years. This is a game that could send us in the right direction and give us a positive boost." They are up against a Seattle side (1-1-0) with a formidable attack, but which is coming off a 2-1 loss at home to Toronto FC on former Tottenham striker Jermain Defoes pair of first-half goals. The Sounders, old foes of the Impact from their A-League and United Soccer League days, have not beaten Montreal in MLS play. The Impact won 4-1 in Montreal in 2012 and opened the 2013 campaign with a 1-0 win in Seattle. But Seattle has been among the better away sides in MLS, with a 29-28-24 road record since they entered the league in 2009. Di Vaio and midfielder Andres Romero, both with three game suspensions, wont see action until a March 29 game in Philadelphia. In Di Vaios absence, winger Justin Mapp and attacking midfielder Felipe Martins have led the offence. The veteran Mapp was among their best players last season, but Felipe looks to have rebounded from a mediocre campaign and is looking more like the energetic playmaker he was as a rookie in 2012. He has yet to score, but leads the team with eight shots. "I had a few chances," he said. "But the hardest thing is to create chances and were doing that. "The only thing is we have to put it in the net, but that is going to come. Its not after one or two games you have to figure out whats going on. Its just soccer, no? One time a goal goes in and after that it comes natural." Klopas likes what hes seen of the Brazilian. "He missed the beginning of the season with injury last year and that was one reason his fitness level and sharpness werent the same," the coach said. "Hes a guy that sometimes doesnt get the points, but he helps the team in so many ways without the ball, with his work rate and stuff like that. "Ive been very pleased with him and I know he has a lot more room to grow." Bernier, coming off knee surgery, missed the season opener but got in 72 minutes in Houston. The team is still waiting for Bernier, Felipe and designated player Hernan Bernardello to all be at peak form to see what the centre of their midfield can do. Bernardello was injured shortly after signing last summer. The Impact are to play their first three home games at the Big O before moving outdoors to Saputo Stadium. Klopas coached Chicago against the Impact in Montreals first MLS game at Olympic Stadium in 2012, a 1-1 draw. "Its amazing that two years ago I was on the opposite side in the first game here, with a tremendous atmosphere," he said. "I hope its the same, only now theyre cheering for me and our team." Wholesale Athletics Jerseys . The game got off to a less-than-ideal start for the Jets as Oliver Ekman-Larsson found a wide open net from the slot and opened the scoring for the Coyotes a lead in the first period, but Olli Jokinen answered back just over half a minute later. Stitched Athletics Jerseys .That means, of course, that John Wall beat the Spurs for the first time ever — within weeks of his first wins in head-to-head games against nemeses Chris Paul and Derrick Rose. https://www.cheapathleticsonline.com/ . -- Arkansas didnt need a spectacular dunk to beat No. Oakland Athletics Gear . The 25-year-old McIlroy, who is from Northern Ireland, was eligible to play for either Ireland or Team GB when golf makes its return to the Olympics in Brazil for the first time since 1904. Chris Bassitt Athletics Jersey .Y. -- When the New York Islanders lead was cut in half in the opening minute of the third period, the sense of impending doom began wafting through Nassau Coliseum.Lakeside Hammers host the Belle Vue Aces on Wednesday at Purfleet, live on Sky Sports 2 from 7.30pm. The Hammers have enjoyed a strong start to the new Elite League season and will be looking to go back to the top of the table with a positive result against the Aces. The Essex club have a 100% record at home after three meetings at the notoriously tricky track for visiting teams.The Aces have only ridden three meetings so far this season due to the ongoing track work at the new National Stadium, meaning all of their track action has come away from home. However, the Aces have started the season well racking up two big away wins and are tipped by many for a successful season after narrowly being beaten in last years Grand Final. Lakesides Lewis Kerr has been pleased with how the side have started the season but knows they will have to be at their best against the Aces. Scott Nicholls column We hear from the Belle Vue captain on the season so far Its been a good start to the season, said Kerr. Were really strong at home and have picked up points on the road. We beat Poole at home so that was a good one and hopefully we will carry that form into Wednesday against Belle Vue.Were going to have to be at the top of our game against them, theyre strong all the way down. Theyve got Stevie Worrall at reserve and theyre strong throughout. Like Poole they are tipped to do good things this year.Kerrs inclusion in the Lakeside side was a late one after he was forced to move away from Kings Lynn after a change of race night clashed with his Premier League club Ipswich Witches. However, the 26-year-old has embraced a change of scenery. Take a look at Andreas Jonssons dramatic last heat win for the Lakeside Hammers against the Coventry Bees It didnt affect my preparations for the new season.dddddddddddd To be honest I think I was ready for a change with both clubs and I think it will do me good to freshen things up a bit especially after the injury and it will be beneficial to me.The Snettisham born rider is working under Kelvin Tatum who joined the Hammers as a coach in the winter and is benefitting from having the Sky Sports pundit in the pits.Kelvin is good to be honest, after every race he will come up to me and try and help me, advising me on what to do if things havent worked or if things have gone well he will be praising me which is good for me. Lewis Kerr rides for the Ipswich Witches in the Premier League My form is steady; Ive had some good meetings and some bad meetings but I think its expected after last year and Im confident things will come good.Kerr rides for the Revolution Speedway team and explains what the first professional race team in the sport do for him throughout the season.Revolution are the first independent speedway race team, they take care of bringing sponsors on board, the bikes and the JAWA engines. That means I have no bikes to prep and wash so I can focus on my fitness really.Last season Kerr suffered a spine chilling crash at Peterborough which left him in a coma with many wondering if he would ride again but the English rider has worked hard to get back on the track and is enjoying racing again.I was very lucky to have no side effects at all and I worked really hard on my fitness and I think it showed at the time; the fitter you are the better you recover and Im really happy to be riding a bike again. Lakeside Hammers: Andreas Jonsson, Piotr Swiderski, Lewis Bridger, Richard Lawson, Kim Nilsson, Robert Mear, Lewis Kerr.Belle Vue Aces: Matej Zagar, Max Fricke, Scott Nicholls, Richie Worrall, Craig Cook, Joe Jacobs, Steve Worrall.You can watch Lewis and his Lakeside team in action as they take on the Belle Vue Aces live on Sky Sports 2 from 7.30pm on Wednesday. Also See: Bet on Speedway with Sky Bet ' ' 'hursday before opening a six-game road trip in Texas when RHP Clay Buchholz (2-2, 5.63) faces Yu Darvish (2-1, 2.87). ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Garcia Forum // Voorbeeld Forum Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: