Garcia Forum
to win four of the next five

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Garcia Forum // Voorbeeld Forum
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
yyys123

BerichtGeplaatst: 10-10-2019 06:49:39    Onderwerp: to win four of the next five Reageren met citaat
MONTREAL -- Eugenie Bouchard did everything she could to help her country. Bouchard won both her singles matches, including the clincher on Sunday, to power Canada to a 3-1 victory over Serbia in its Fed Cup World Group II tie over the weekend. In beating Serbias Vesna Dolonc 6-0, 6-3, the Montreal native gave Canada a 3-0 lead in the best-of-five tie in front of her hometown fans at the Claude-Robillard Sports Complex. "I think I played two solid matches, and I helped Canada," said Bouchard, 19. "Im very proud of that. The whole team was very excited all week." Bouchard agreed to represent her country in the Fed Cup despite her busy international schedule. On Monday, she hops on a plane to Doha, Qatar, where she faces American Bethanie Mattek-Sands in the Qatar Open the following day. But Bouchard, whos represented Canada since 2011, thinks thats a small price to pay for wearing the Maple Leaf on her cheek, as she did over the weekend. "I fully embrace it. It comes with the job," she said. "This is where I want to be. I love playing for my country. I try to enjoy every moment when I play for Canada." On Saturday, Bouchard beat the No. 149-ranked Jovana Jaksic 6-1, 6-0 in a dominant performance to give Canada a 2-0 advantage, after her teammate Aleksandra Wozniak of Blainville, Que., defeated Dolonc 7-5, 2-6, 6-4. Canada will now advance to the World Group playoffs, giving the team a chance to advance from the World Group II to a higher division that includes the worlds eight best teams. A draw on Tuesday will determine Canadas next opponent, and whether that tie will be held at home or on the road, when the Fed Cup resumes on April 19. Canadian team captain Sylvain Bruneau had nothing but praise for the rising-star Bouchard. "Shes very patriotic, and people need to recognize that," said Bruneau. "It wont be easy for her (in Doha), but she did it to represent her country. Shes always been there for us." Joining Bouchard (ranked No. 19 in the world) and 274th-ranked Wozniak on the Canadian team were Torontos Sharon Fichman (No. 112) and Ottawas Gabriela Dabrowski (No. 224). Fichman and Dabrowski lost to Serbias Jaksic and Nina Stojanovic 6-2, 3-6, (10-Cool in doubles play on Sunday afternoon. Because Canada had already defeated Serbia in the tie, the match was simply a formality. After each team took a set, and with the 10-point tiebreak tied 8-8, Fichman missed her final two shots to hand Serbia the doubles triumph. But the story of the day was Bouchards singles match. Leading 5-3 in her second set, Bouchard sent the No. 117-ranked Dolonc the wrong way to secure the advantage. She then cemented the victory emphatically with an ace. "I was happy I could stay with her and fight," said Bouchard. "When it counted, I did what I needed to do." She needed less than 20 minutes to take the first set, surrendering just seven points in the process. But Dolonc put up a fight in the second set, breaking Bouchard in the first game. She then held serve to force a 2-2 tie. "It was a closer battle (in the second). She came up with some good points, and I had a few unforced errors," said Bouchard, who settled down after a number of uncharacteristic mistakes. "I tried to win one point at a time and stay in the moment. And that helped me." Bouchard went on to win four of the next five games to seal the victory. "The tempo was very high," said Dolonc of the 59-minute match. "There was constant pressure on me. I was too late all the time. It was really quick. It was tough for me to find my game." Bouchards victory meant that Wozniak could skip her singles match. "They deserved this win," said Serbian captain Dejan Vranes of Canadas overall victory. "Simply, they were the best. I wish them luck. They deserve to be in the World Group next year." Vranes team took to the court minus such established stars as Jelena Jankovic (ranked eighth in the world), Ana Ivanovic (No. 12), and Bojana Jovanovski (No. 41). While Ivanovic and Jovanovski are dealing with minor injuries, Jankovic recently chose to retire from international play. Bruneau doesnt think the absence of those great Serbian players diminishes what Canada did over the weekend. "These players played with all their heart on the court," said Bruneau. "They played for Canada, they played for themselves, and they played for the team. And they gave it their all." Carson Wentz Jersey .C. -- Wake Forest coach Jim Grobe is resigning after 13 seasons at the school. Wes Hopkins Jersey . Cain departed in the fourth inning of a 10-5 loss to the Pirates on Thursday. X-rays on Cains bruised forearm were negative. He was hit when Sanchez led off the fourth with a groundout. https://www.eaglessportsgoods.com/Womens-Brian-Westbrook-Inverted-Jersey/ . Defensive end Jadeveon Clowney, the Houston Texans No. 1 pick in the draft, was on the field Tuesday for the first time with former NFL Defensive Player of the Year J. DeSean Jackson Womens Jersey .com) - The game was all punts and field goals before Kodi Whitfields catch. Wilbert Montgomery Youth Jersey . Kuznetsov, who was selected by the Capitals in the first round of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, has been playing for his hometown team Chelyabinsk Traktor of the KHL.(SportsNetwork.com) - The San Jose Sharks hope to avoid a fifth straight loss and secure the first victory of their current homestand on Saturday night as they take on the Anaheim Ducks. The Sharks followed up consecutive shootout losses to Florida and Arizona with a 2-0 setback to the Calgary Flames on Wednesday. That dropped them to 0-1-2 on a six-game homestand and 2-4-2 as the host this season. Antti Niemi made 17 saves, getting beat just once as Calgarys Jiri Hudler scored on a wrister in the slot with 2:44 to go in the second period. Hudler scored again into an empty net and Flames netminder Karri Ramo stopped all 32 shots he faced. The Sharks havent given their defense much to work with as they have not scored more than three goals in nine straight games since a 5-3 win at Dallas on Nov. 8. They are 2-5-2 since. Its disappointing. We want to win, we want to get out of this, said Sharks center Joe Pavelski The harder we try the worse its going. Niemi was backed up on Wednesday by San Jose resident Ryan Lowe, who was signed to a goaltending contract after Troy Grosenick was injured in practice on Tuesday and unable to dress for the game. The 31-year-old Lowe last played professionally in Australia. Grosenick had been serving as the backup to Niemi with Alex Stalock out following left knee surgery. Niemi is 11-9-0 with a 2.51 goals against average and .908 save percentage in his career versus the Ducks. Looking to break out of their slump, the Sharks have won six of their last eight over the Ducks that includes a 4-1 victory in Anaheim on Oct. 26. Niemi made 33 saves in that triumph. San Jose has won five in a row aat home versus Anaheim.dddddddddddd. The Ducks, who are 7-2-2 as the guest this season, are hoping to reverse that trend Saturday and return to the win column after having a three-game win streak snapped the last time out. Anaheim had a chance to go 3-0 on a three-game homestand but dropped the finale 4-1 to the Chicago Blackhawks on Friday afternoon. The Ducks were outshot 38-24 in the loss, the clubs first regulation setback since a 6-2 home setback against Florida on Nov. 16. Chicago put up all the offense it would need in the first 14 minutes of the game, as Brad Richards and Andrew Shaw helped the visitors grab the early 2-0 lead. Patrick Kane added two goals later to keep the Ducks at bay. Hampus Lindholm scored the only goal of the game for Anaheim, while Frederik Andersen allowed three goals on 37 shots in the loss. During Fridays game the Ducks announced they had acquired defenseman Eric Brewer from Tampa Bay for a third-round pick in the 2015 draft. Brewer, who has four assists in 17 games this season for the Lightning, could help add depth for an Anaheim club that has been without blueliners Francois Beauchemin and Clayton Stoner. Beauchemin will miss 4-to-6 weeks with a broken finger sustained earlier this week against Calgary, while Stoner is day-to-day with the mumps. Brewer could be available to play for the Ducks tonight, as he is expected to join his team in San Jose. The Ducks are only on the road for tonights game in Northern California before heading back down the coast for a two-game homestand against Boston and Philadelphia. Anaheim begins that brief residency Monday versus the Bruins. ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Garcia Forum // Voorbeeld Forum Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: